Thread: Nethunter kex client not working - screen freezes and mouse is not responsive.

Nethunter kex client not working - screen freezes and mouse is not responsive.

Greetings everyone,

I have installed nethunter on termux on mobile device huawei honor 9x. I am experiencing issues with the kex client. I am able to successfully connect to the GUI but I am not able to click anywhere. Basically I am able to click on the screen for a couple a seconds, open a terminal for example and the screen freezes - unable to click anywhere. If I minimize the kex client app, open another app and then coming back to the kex client the same issue happens. It seems that the screen freezes and I am unable to click on the screen.

What I have checked so far - I set two kex passwords in termux. One for the kex client and one view only, I always use the first password and still issue persists. I tried with creating the first kex password and setting no to the view only. I have also fully upgraded the system but the same issue is experienced again.

Any help on that matter is appreciated. Thanks in advance

can you please enter this command:
    apt-get install kali-linux-nethunter
    apt-get install kali-desktop-core

Thanks for answering @rootboy01, I tried both command but they were already installed.

apt-get remove kali-desktop-xfce
    apt-get install kali-desktop-core

Quote Originally Posted by sulphur View Post
    Greetings everyone,

I have installed nethunter on termux on mobile device huawei honor 9x. I am experiencing issues with the kex client. I am able to successfully connect to the GUI but I am not able to click anywhere. Basically I am able to click on the screen for a couple a seconds, open a terminal for example and the screen freezes - unable to click anywhere. If I minimize the kex client app, open another app and then coming back to the kex client the same issue happens. It seems that the screen freezes and I am unable to click on the screen.

What I have checked so far - I set two kex passwords in termux. One for the kex client and one view only, I always use the first password and still issue persists. I tried with creating the first kex password and setting no to the view only. I have also fully upgraded the system but the same issue is experienced again.

Any help on that matter is appreciated. Thanks in advance
    same problem here, looking for answers
    sulphur did u put in the kex client the correct pass? some users used the view only pass
    i noticed that if u switch between apps, kex gui allows you to use click again for some-seconds