Thread: Kali Linux in no boot on Raspberry pi 4 model b 8gb

Kali Linux in no boot on Raspberry pi 4 model b 8gb

Hi,
    I tried to flash file "kali-linux-2020-2a-rpi3-nexmon-64-img-xz" on my new Rasberry pi 4 model b 8gb using "balena-etcher-electron-1.5.94-linux-x64" but when pluged to ac the boot display a message like "start4.elf: is not compatible 0x1" and remit me to dowwnload the new Raspbian software (ios).

Ok I tried with the other image: "kali-linux-2020-2a-rpi3-nexmon-img-xz" (no 64bit) but I had the same situation and message.

Finnaly I decided to download and flash the 64bit beta RAspbian IOS and It work ok and run. But I'd like to flash Kali .

Does anyone If I need special boot loader to run Kali now on a new raspberry? 2 month ago I could flash a Kali image onto a raspberry Pi with 4gb ram working perfectly...

Any help would be apreciated.

Thank you all.

Same issue, no solution as yet sorry...

Currently running Kali (32 bit) on Pi4 4gb with no issues. I used Etcher as well to write the image to my card. Have you formatted the SD card with "SD Card Formatter" from SD Association? Kali should work on your Pi.

Are you able to get 5ghz Wifi? I cannot see a 5ghz network on Ch 149 5.745Ghz. 802.11AC. I almost though it was a locality setting messing up the 5ghz range.

I was able to install Kali Linux on my 8gb raspberry pi. But my wifi is detecting but not connecting. Whenever I am trying to connect it is asking for password again and again and not able to connect.

Anyone can confirm kali-linux-nexmon works over pi4 8GB? Or should I better buy 4GB version?
    I mainly need it as WiFi monitor\injections.

Quote Originally Posted by tomer View Post
    Anyone can confirm kali-linux-nexmon works over pi4 8GB? Or should I better buy 4GB version?
    I mainly need it as WiFi monitor\injections.
    I've installed it into my pi4 8GB Cana Kit and it works fine.
    The only problem I've is about the root password. "toor" is suppose to be the default one, but it's working.

According to the document I've read, to change this root password, I need to access to the GRUB menu. And to do so, I've to hold the "Shift" key or press several times, the "Esc" key during the booting process.
    I've done so many times, impossible to have the GRUB menu.
    So I still not able to have root credentials.

Someone can help please?
    Thanks