Thread: Need some instructions for installing Net Hunter on OnePlus 7T Pro

Need some instructions for installing Net Hunter on OnePlus 7T Pro

Hi Guys,

iam new to this

I have activated fastboot mode and rooted the device with magisk. Thats all fine.

Did i need this TWRP to install NetHunter?

Whats the next step? (I readed that the most users use the normal OnePlus 7, because its easier, faster and there is twrp support) but now i have this phone ^^

Thanks and greatings from germany.

nightdraco Guest
    Hi,

First step is to unlock the bootloader with fastboot command, as this action is needed to mod any Android device. Without unlocked bootloader, there is nothing you can do. (I assume you already unlock it)

Next step is to install the TWRP recovery. TWRP can let you root your device, install custom ROM etc.
    Step to install TWRP in OnePlus 7T Pro:

1) Download both the img file and zip file on https://twrp.me and put in the platform-tools' folder. Make sure to download the exact twrp files on https://twrp.me according to your device and rename to twrp.img and twrp.zip. You must also download the Encryption-Disabler.zip on https://zackptg5.com/android.php#disverfe

2) Boot your phone into bootloader mode, and type this command on cmd/terminal: fastboot boot twrp.img

3) In the TWRP recovery, tap on ADB Sideload and Swipe to Start Sideload

4) In the cmd/terminal, type adb sideload twrp.zip

5) Go back to the main screen of TWRP recovery, tap on Wipe and Format Data

6) Put the Encryption-Disabler.zip in your internal storage and install it (to prevent TWRP stuck at its splash screen because of encryption enabled)

7) Reboot your device and n flash the Magisk.zip and Nethunter.zip

Thank you.

Or just use baconroot toolkit bit its a oneplus 7t . Maybe not suppprted?

An easier method is to use the dualboot twrp from xda it installs magisk and dm-verity no force encrypt all at once and it seems to work pretty well and you dont have to repartition if you dont want to ill post a link to the page here

https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...-t4066851/amp/

Hi guys, with the above and the guides from xda i cannot manage to install a clean nethunter distro on my op7tpro.
    I manage to root with magisks cleanly, using a patched boot image. When installing twrp (which is the 3.4. version and not really supporting my device) it wont manage to mount /system_root and /vendor. I flashed the decyption tool mentioned above, this runs through without any issues but when restarting i get an red error on twrp log like: "E: unable to decrypt stuff".
    When flashing the kali nethunter for the op7t (pro) it aborts telling me data is empty and i have to complete android wizard first (which i did several times, the first time before installing the magisk app). The worst part, after rebooting the device from the failed nethunter installation my system wont start and i can only boot to recovery or fastboot, but no android 10 anymore.
    pls help me?! since i bricked my device yesterday, i can proudly say I wasted 2 days to brick it again. thanks!

It depends on exactly which variant of the op7tpro you have. TWRP must match the model exactly otherwise it either won't boot (to recovery) or you won't be able to decrypt data and/or mount system. Both result in a fail. So find your exact model (for instance I have the T-Mobile McLaren variant HD1915) then search XDA for the matching TWRP img and flash it by rebooting to bootloader mode and in a terminal or cmd prompt type "fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img" where TWRP.img is the actual filename of your downloaded TWRP image and without the quotes of course.... Then type "reboot recovery" and wait for TWRP to boot... Likely it'll ask for your screen lock pin to decrypt storage then you'll be at the menu.... Now you can flash whatever you need... Force decrypt zip and nethunter zip, etc...

But the problem is your TWRP doesn't match your device and it sounds like you wiped the system somehow which is why nothing boots... So you can either get an OOS factory image and flash that in bootloader mode to return to stock, or there is an all-in-one tool on XDA as well as a factory restore image that will return your device to stock- your bootloader will be locked again, etc, so you'll need to start from scratch and use the unlock.bin you got from OnePlus for your device, then enable developer options in OOS and enable OEM unlocking then return to bootloader mode, flash twrp, boot to TWRP, decrypt, root, etc.... Then you can flash the nethunter kernel... to have access to things like OTG wifi adapter monitor/injection mode/etc....

So I have been looking at devices for nethunter and am looking to verify that it work on 7t pro mclaren. That?s what you use Rx8driver? Did the install go smooth for you?