Thread: Troubles with Aircrack

Troubles with Aircrack

*NOTE BEFORE READYING: I'm using Kali as my base os, Im not using an arm or vm or anything like it*

so im trying to use aircrack and i do not get any results that show up. I set my wlan0 in monitor mode correctly, I checked and killed all processes that could interfere with monitor mode. Every is looking smoothly up until i run the following command :

kali@kali:~$ sudo airodump-ng wlan0

CH 10 ][ Elapsed: 36 s ][ 2020-06-27 05:02

BSSID PWR Beacons #Data, #/s CH MB ENC CIPHER AUTH ESSID

BSSID STATION PWR Rate Lost Frames Probe

No information gets printed of the networks that airodump should me picking up from its scan. Soooooooo like
    I've done alot to figure this hoe out and nothing. So I'm beginning to think its my Chipset maybe? I'm a complete newbie so alot to learn and more frusteration to experience,
    if anyone can assist it would be truly appreciated. What i think i know about my chipset is the following:

kali@kali:~$ lspci -k

command tells me:

Network Controller: Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter
    DeviceName: WLAN
    Subsystem: AzureWAve QCA9377 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter
    Kernel driver in use: ath10k_pci
    Kernel modules: ath10k_pci

Something tells me this is my Chipset or whatever. I could be totally wrong i don't know, I'm tired, hungry
    don't want to keep strong handing this by myself.

In conclusion: Is Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 OR AzureWAve QCA9377 My laptops Chipset, If it is, is it
    compatible to use for software like Aircrack-ng, and If the answer is yes to both of those questions, Then what is the issue?

If the answer is no to any of those questions, then what do i need, is it expensive, are there work arounds.

Thank you to anyone who actually read this whole thing and bared through it ****.

-Nel'liel

did u get any help yet?

Quote Originally Posted by nellielstales View Post
    kali@kali:~$ sudo airodump-ng wlan0

As far as i know, airodump command is not followed by wlan0. But by wlan0mon or mon0. Because airodump command needs something in monitor mode right?
    Are you already try 'airmon-ng start wlan0' and then followed by 'airodump-ng wlan0mon' or 'airodump-ng mon0' based on what result you get when performing 'airmon-ng start wlan0'