Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dual Booting Kali Linux with Windows 7

Hello all, New to Kali here. I am haveing a problem with dual booting my Windows 7/ Kali Linux grub. I have both OSes installed fine but when I boot into Windows 7 I get an "error no argument specified" error, and "press enter to continue". After I press enter Windows 7 boots and everything is fine. My questions are; Why am I getting this error?, and, Is there a way I can fix it? Please help!

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDiegoRob View Post
    Hello all, New to Kali here. I am haveing a problem with dual booting my Windows 7/ Kali Linux grub. I have both OSes installed fine but when I boot into Windows 7 I get an "error no argument specified" error, and "press enter to continue". After I press enter Windows 7 boots and everything is fine. My questions are; Why am I getting this error?, and, Is there a way I can fix it? Please help!
    Can`t you read? Try to do that. 1 post up...

Question:

In reference to dual booting with kali, where can I find documentation about dual booting kali with BT5 r3 already installed? I appreciate any suggestion about this operation but I am really looking for documentation about it. Further, would this documentation work for dual booting kali and bt5 r3?
    Every ethical hacker must have a place to practice and explore. :confused:

Quote Originally Posted by yunqhero View Post
    Question:

In reference to dual booting with kali, where can I find documentation about dual booting kali with BT5 r3 already installed? I appreciate any suggestion about this operation but I am really looking for documentation about it. Further, would this documentation work for dual booting kali and bt5 r3?
    I like this idea! There seems to be a large population of users in this situation that are encountering issues. The guide only offers a model that does not fit everyones scenario.

I am having a problem that when I try to dual boot my laptop, and install kali after windows 8, it shows the disk as whole disk without partition. But when I use kali withot installing, it shows all the files and again when I do gparted while running kali without installind, it shows as unlocated space. Please help me
    Thank you

Hihi everyone.

Got a problem too, I just installed Kali in Dualboot with Windows 7 and now I can't have any sound when I boot windows and I only have sound when I boot with Kali if I plug external speakers (like headphones). Any ideas???

Thanks for the help.

Hello,

I am having some difficulty installing Kali on my windows 7 laptop. I have resized the partition and freed up about 45gb for the install i have 3 primary partitions on the disk due to recovery hibernation and OS that came standard with the xps laptop.

I can get all the way to the point of partitioning and choosing the mount points in the install. When i try and setup /boot / and swap it tells me it is unable to mount / at sda partition #5 using the ext4 file system.

I have tried ext3 and ext2 to try and get around this. everytime i get the same error message.

Has anyone else seen this problem. also note that i have used grub to try and create each individual partition i will need for the install and format them to the ext4 file system and when i attempt to install and select mount points i get the same error message.

please advise thanks
    Evan

Hi all, please help. When installing kali linux, namely when it comes to checking the network equipment laptop freezes (stops installation) and then nothing happens. In what may be the Problem? Laptop Lenovo v580c. Did everything according to the instructions on the site docs.kali.org/installation/dual-boot-kali-with-windows

Hi,

I am new here, and I have successfully installed Dual Boot Windows 7 and Kali.
    I used a bootable USB with the Kali image (DVD Rom is not working)
    But after the successful installation of Kali,I am unable to boot to my old Windows 7.

I get this error message:

got this error message:
    “Windows failed to start. A recent hardware of software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1. Insert Windows installation disk (etc)
    2. Choose language settings
    3. Click “Repair your computer”
    "

Any ideas? Do I need to find a Windows installation Disk?

Quote Originally Posted by aizonic View Post
    Hi,

I am new here, and I have successfully installed Dual Boot Windows 7 and Kali.
    I used a bootable USB with the Kali image (DVD Rom is not working)
    But after the successful installation of Kali,I am unable to boot to my old Windows 7.

I get this error message:

got this error message:
    “Windows failed to start. A recent hardware of software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1. Insert Windows installation disk (etc)
    2. Choose language settings
    3. Click “Repair your computer”
    "

Any ideas? Do I need to find a Windows installation Disk?
    Read up the thread. Someone has fixed this issue. As for people trying to multiboot on say an HP laptop with factory setup. Here is a quote from a simple google search: "With MBR, you only get 4 primary partitions, and then you must create logical partitions after that, which is frustrating and isn't compatible with certain operating systems." And for Windows 8, it uses a new more secure GUI boot. Duel booting Win7 & 8 is a headache on it's own. If your really set on installing Kali. Make recovery discs on said laptops using given tools by the company or Acronis software, then reformat the whole drive. Set up partitions FIRST. Clean install Windows (Google it), then install Kali using a WIRED connection to your router. OK, I think that solves most the issues I've read. Sorry if it didn't help you.