Thread: How connect wlan1 to wifi?

How connect wlan1 to wifi?

Hello, help me: is it possible to use an external usb wifi adapter (wlan1) to connect to a wifi network in nethunter? When I connect via Kex to the Kali desktop and move the mouse to the network manager - it is not active and writes networking disabled ... I tried reinstalling it, but it did not work. Why do I need this? - When using the internal wlan0 (native android adapter), I can connect and perform the necessary research on wifi networks without problems, but I think that if you connect via an external more powerful adapter there will be more available access points over long distances), followed by nmap, metasploit , well, then you know))

Try this:
    Code:
    echo “ctrl_interface=DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant” > /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
    wpa_passphrase “your-ssid-or-network-name” >> /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
    wpa_supplicant -Dnl80211 -iwlan1 -c/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf -B
    Note: Be sure to substitute your actual SSID for the obvious placeholder in the second line. Also, after running the second line, you will get a blank blinking cursor. Type your network password/encryption key at that prompt. You may optionally edit the /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf file, and remove the lines that start with a # symbol. They are just notes, and aren?t needed to connect.

I hope that helps.
    Last edited by aaronouthier; 2020-09-04 at 16:44. Reason: Added param to put wpa_supplicant into the background.

Okay, so I just tried the above code on my Nexus 6p. Looks like I forgot a step.

Code:
    dhclient wlan1
    that last step will get you an IP address

Did that work for you @kennye ?