Thread: Avast blocks apt-get upgrade due to ELF:Flooder-NY

Avast blocks apt-get upgrade due to ELF:Flooder-NY

I tried to run apt-get update && apt-get upgrade after reverting to a four months old snapshot (Kali Linux 2020) and Avast interrupted the connection due to two perceived threats, the first one
    was: URL:Blacklist which I consider not to be relevant but the second one: ELF:Flooder-NY caught my eye because googling it revealed that it is a trojan which among other things can install a keylogger.

Is it unusual that apt-get upgrade tries to install ELF:Flooder-NY?

Why does Avast suddenly start to interrupt upgrades after reverting to an old snapshot? I've been using this Image for about five months now and this hasn't happened before.

Kind regards

Quote Originally Posted by user8762 View Post
    I tried to run apt-get update && apt-get upgrade after reverting to a four months old snapshot (Kali Linux 2020) and Avast interrupted the connection due to two perceived threats, the first one
    was: URL:Blacklist which I consider not to be relevant but the second one: ELF:Flooder-NY caught my eye because googling it revealed that it is a trojan which among other things can install a keylogger.

Is it unusual that apt-get upgrade tries to install ELF:Flooder-NY?

Why does Avast suddenly start to interrupt upgrades after reverting to an old snapshot? I've been using this Image for about five months now and this hasn't happened before.

Kind regards
    I just had the same issue come up. avast stopped two connections because of threats, one exactly the same as yours (NY), in kali 2019. When will someone answer this question?! haha