Thread: Kali won't update - connection refused.

Kali won't update - connection refused.

Hello, this is the fourth day straight, where I type "apt-get update", and am greeted with something about "connection refused". A subsequent "apt-get full-upgrade" shows 0 updates or new packages to be installed.

Once again, this is 4 days straight! I have tried multiple times on all 4 days. I have tried early morning, middle of the day, and late night.

This issue is occurring on my Bare Metal Install on a Dell Laptop, it is occurring on a VM in VirtualBox, and it is occurring on my OnePlus 7 Pro in NetHunter. What is going on??!!??

Day 5: it’s partially working. I am able to get some packages downloaded via “apt-get full-upgrade”, but not all of them will download: connection refused.

What on earth is going on??

Quote Originally Posted by aaronouthier View Post
    Hello, this is the fourth day straight, where I type "apt-get update", and am greeted with something about "connection refused". A subsequent "apt-get full-upgrade" shows 0 updates or new packages to be installed.

Once again, this is 4 days straight! I have tried multiple times on all 4 days. I have tried early morning, middle of the day, and late night.

This issue is occurring on my Bare Metal Install on a Dell Laptop, it is occurring on a VM in VirtualBox, and it is occurring on my OnePlus 7 Pro in NetHunter. What is going on??!!??
    sudo apt-get update

Yeah, that’s what I did...

I eventually fixed the problem, but I had to completely remove the CHROOT on NetHunter and Redownload/reinstall. The bare metal install of Kali fixed itself that same day. I haven’t loaded up the VM for a few days now.