Thread: KLCP / kali.training contact? Pearson's Testing Resumption? (Asked Offensive Security, Emailed, etc)

Question KLCP / kali.training contact? Pearson's Testing Resumption? (Asked Offensive Security, Emailed, etc)

Hello Team,

- I have used the "Contact Us" on https://kali.training/ (No response.)
    - I have contacted Offensive Security for myself and my students but was told this was not their department

I was wondering if anyone knows a proper/valid contact for https://kali.training/ ?

https://kali.training/ still carries the same disclaimer since the very beginning of covid ? despite in-person Pearson's proctoring resumption:

"Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, in-person proctoring of the KLCP certification is unfortunately not currently possible. In order to prevent disappointment and confusion, we have temporarily removed the ability to sign up for KLCP certification. However, we are currently exploring alternative solutions and plan to make the KLCP certification available again as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience and understanding."
    But Pearson's Testing Centers are now open for in-person proctoring, why we are still unable to schedule testing using the KLCP Pearson's portal. And when it may resume, or, if they have been successful in finding 'alternative solutions'? (Pearson's does offer online proctoring as well, now)

This is important for students who receive CPE's from the completion of their study memorialized only upon test passing.

Thank you for any help! From myself and my students.

On a different note, do you think there should be a forum for questions and experiences of students, and administrators, reading the 'Kali Linux Revealed Book', and doing the on line exercises?

As an update:

? I attended the Zoom AMA with Jim O'Gorman (author of the "Kali Linux Revealed" Book that provides the suggested prep for KLCP Certification) and they wouldn't take my question Re: the KLCP. :/
    ? Additionally ? Rick Schroeder an OffSec "Account Executive | Global Sales" that they connect you with (spam?) after submitting your info to attend Jim's AMA, e-mails you "My role at OffSec is to assist individuals and organizations with their training needs." then literally just ignored my 1 single question on KLCP and had the nerve to some form message offering 10% off their trainings till Sept 30, being "here to help", and a LinkedIn Connection request.

Just disappointing for the Offensive Security Org. I can't recommend them to employees/students if OffSec only serve their highest money makers which seems to be the case. At least formally deprecate KLCP so students don't believe they have an opportunity to receive formalization and CPE's.

Yes, i have been trying for some months to take the test and just get the run around from Pearson (I finally got a refund despite their website listed numbers being Not In Service).

Offensive Security hasn't been helpful and it's their exam.

I was hoping they would do remote testing themselves, like they do with the other exams, with a video link etc.

I wish we could get an answer.

I am starting to look at other Linux certs as an option, but really want to stick with Kali Linux as I want to take their other certs.

Quote Originally Posted by th0n1 View Post
    On a different note, do you think there should be a forum for questions and experiences of students, and administrators, reading the 'Kali Linux Revealed Book', and doing the on line exercises?
    Here is the thing there WAS a forum specifically for those going through the exercises for the KLCP, but it recently got shut down (6 months ago), also some of the exercises had videos that were removed, my guess is since Kali has changed so much they may be revamping the course and material before they offer the cert again, which really sucks, but oh well, I agree the lack of transparency is extremely frustrating...