Thread: Trouble with Remote Desktop Windows 10 Home Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.388)

Trouble with Remote Desktop Windows 10 Home Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.388)

Kali Linux is installed and works within the Windows Terminal.
    Remote desktop isn't working. Previously it was (for some reason) but (presumably) an update killed it.
    I've experienced this same issue before, got it to work without trying, but the problem returned.
    I admit I may have some fickle reliability because my "inet" address changes daily (I am connected via USB teathering).
    I've tried RDP Wrapper solutions without success: https://github.com/stascorp/rdpwrap/releases

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...b-9e3ccf9bb6c8

After reading this I remembered I did have a Logitech camera installed earlier.

Hi,
    This behavior occurs when one of the following conditions is true:

• You previously installed a Logitech Webcam.
    • The LifeCam drivers are installed incorrectly.

Perform steps from the link mentioned below and see if it helps in getting the issue resolved.Troubleshoot failures to find new LifeCam hardware
    Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.
    For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/)
    If you need any further assistance with Windows Operating System, please post your query on Microsoft Community Forums and we?ll be glad to assist you with it.

Did this solve your problem?

I will attempt to follow the recommended guide here and report back if the problem is solved.

This problem is still unresolved.

It looks like I sort of got the wrapper to work. The checker is now functional.Problem is I still can't remote into Kali, although it runs in the terminal. Thanks for any help. Also sorry I brain-farted and posted about a COMPLETELY unrelated matter here earlier. I must have been drunk.
    Attached Images Attached Images

https://www.verboon.info/2019/12/set...s-10-wsl-2-0/I followed this guide:Windows FeaturesThe following windows features must be enabled to run WSL 2.0Virtual Machine PlatformWindows subsystem for LinuxThese can be enabled via the Windows GUI or by running the following commands in an elevated prompt.dism.exe /online /enable-feature /featurename:Microsoft-Windows-Subsystem-Linux /all /norestartdism.exe /online /enable-feature /featurename:VirtualMachinePlatform /all /norestartWhen completed, restart the system and wait for the configuration to complete. To ensure that the linux distribution is WSL 2.0 enabled, I suggest to run the following command in an elevated prompt.wsl ?set-default-version 2Update the Kali distributionNext it?s recommended to update Kali, using the following commands:sudo apt update && sudo apt upgradeRun the following commands to install the kali-top10 tools.sudo apt-get update && apt-cache search kali-linux-top10sudo apt -y install kali-linux-top10Enabling RDPSo far we?re all set to use the kali Linux terminal, but to use tools with a GUI such as Wireshark, we need a remote desktop connection. The following instructions describe how to install and configure RDP within Kali Linux.Run the following commands to install and start the xrdp service.sudo apt-get install xrdpsudo service xrdp startsudo update-rc.d xrdp enableThe following commands shows us the IP address used by WSLifconfig eth0It totally worked (i'm not sure why)Do you need to manually start the xrdp service each time? Please answer. Also I'm looking for a kali linux chat support group. If you can help with that I'd appreciate it.