Thread: partitions problem while installing kali linux

partitions problem while installing kali linux

I have a problem while installing kali linux, partitions do not appear, but the whole disk only, is there any solution?

Hi Gullever,

I am adding to your request as I am encountering a very similar problem.

I created a USB boot up drive (with kali-linux-2020.2-installer-i386.exe) slide in reboot and Kali started working. Just like it should!
    FIRST ISSUE: used the graphical interface, all dandy until I arrived to the section (after the installer went through checking the partitions) where you select the size you want to allocate to your system (I have a 120GB drive, I thought 40Gb would be enough), but everytime I pressed entered i would give me the ????????? screen and I had to re do the whole process. This I did 7 times, always the same result.

SECOND ISSUE: on the 8th time of booting up with the USB drive when it arrived to the part of reading the partitions (prior to selecting the size you want to allocate to the system) then it would give me the ????????? screen!!!

Now, I cannot get passed that stage. It seems that I have messed up something in the partitions, hard drive....as it seems the USB Kali installer does not recognizes the partitions or hard drive anymore.... how to fix this? should I reformat the drive??? will this fix the issue.

Much obliged for a kind soul to give us some guidance on our quest.

Yours truly,

VB

Hi Gullever,

I am ADDING to your request as I have a similar problem.
    I created a USB bootable drive Kali linux (kali-linux-2020.2-installer-i386). it boots fine, select language, etc.... but when it arrives to the partitions sections it goes kaput! gives me ????? ?????? this sign and does not go forward or backward in the installation....

Since, I created another USB bootable this time LIVE (kali-linux-2020.2-live-i386) AND it works fine AND I can see the HARD DRIVE
    (Disk /dev/sda: 111.81 Gib...) but still cannot install kali linux onto the HD of my laptop.

Did I messed up the partitions? What to do? Reformat the HD? what to do to have the installer bootable USB finish the installation?

GREATLY APPRECIATED for any guidance!

Cheers