I have used kali before many times on USB installs with the live versions. I recently downloaded the latest version and used rufus. Coworker suggested it as I normally used universal usb installer. Anyways, i wanted to make this one my first attempt at a usb with persistence.

I have tried three times now and the usb setup works great. The initial boot runs and im in a working system of kali. The problem is every time i do this setup, once ive booted in once the usb fails after that going forward.

To give details, on the second time trying to use it i see the boot menu with love, forensics, persistence etc. but when i select persistence it keeps the boot menu landing page in the background, a small terminal black window pops up like the grub shell, but then does nothing more. Just sits here for ever.

Does this mean after my initial use, a config file or something gets corrupt mot allowing loading the os anymore? I cannot find this issue online i only keep seeing the black screen with errors on forums. Can anyone help because i was like a child looking forward to using persistence ut its not working for me.
Thanks greatly,