Thread: Kali arm package without desktop for pi zero w?

Kali arm package without desktop for pi zero w?

I'm taking some cyber-security/pentesting courses and I've been using Kali for a few months now. I bought a Raspberry Pi 4 and Kali installed pretty effortlessly. Because I love the small interface I built with that, I decided to build a Raspberry Pi Zero W with a tft display into an Altoids tin. I went to the kali arm images and downloaded the image for the Zero W but to my surprise it has a desktop. Obviously, it's not got much hp for running a desktop on a Zero. Is there an image that works that doesn't include a desktop? I suppose I could uninstall the desktop, but I'd rather just load the kali shell onto an SD card and be done with it. I also am not looking for a 'pwnpi' or similar. I actually like messing around with learning lisp on it as well while I'm bored with a Raspbian lite OS... but it would be nice to have access to the kali OS for the repo among other things. Any help would be appreciated!

At the moment, we do not offer that option, it's something I'd like to do in the future. You could uninstall the desktop metapackages yes, or you could build your own image using the build scripts ( https://gitlab.com/kalilinux/build-scripts/kali-arm.git ) and remove the desktop packages from package lists in the script before running it.