Thread: Can't downgrade HTTPS to HTTP using Bettercap, and issues with other features.

Can't downgrade HTTPS to HTTP using Bettercap, and issues with other features.

Hi. How are you?
    I'm new here, and don't have much experience with Kali or penetration testing yet. I've take a look on the web to see if I could find any solution or relevant info about why I'm having the issues I'm having with bettercap, but couldn't find much. So, I'm looking for some enlightment.
    I'm currently trying to do a Man in the middle attack and everything works great, I'm able to intercept all data in the network, but some of the features just doesn't seem to work. I cannot downgrade https websites that a client acess to http. I've tryed acessing a bunch of websites that I knew and avoided the most popular ones, since I know they use features that are more tricky to bypass, but still, I was always sent to the secure version of the page. To downgrade I'm using the hstshijack caplet, and tryed zsecurity modified one aswell.
    And I've noticed that even if I configure some stuff, they don't make a difference. For example, if I set a target, bettercap ignores it and keep spoofing the whole network.
    I've tryed in a real wifi network (my own), and in a NatNetwork in virtualbox mobdro kodi.
    What am I doing wrong here? If needed, I can provide the exact steps I'm taking with bettercap.
    Also, any good recommendations for reading?
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by davidP7; 2020-10-16 at 07:42.