Thread: [ Realtek RTL 8822CE DRIVER ]

[ Realtek RTL 8822CE DRIVER ]

Hello everyone, I'm a new on this forum and on Linux in general.

I got a new Laptop ( Huawei matebook D14 2020 ) and I have a Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8822CE 802.11ac PCIe Wirelss Network Adpater.

I can't use it because Kali can't find the driver for it ( when I installed it ) and I made a lot of research on Internet but I always saw the driver install for the 8821 but never for 8822CE.

I really don't want to reinstall Windows and create a virtual machine with Kali Linux so I really hope that someone can help me

Thanks a lot in advance.

Have a good day

xDragox

hey xDragox sorry to give you a useless notification but unfortunately I'm in exactly the same boat as you, including the laptop type. I've tried every tutorial and suggestion I know how including attempting to copy the drivers from linux mint to my Kali machine but it still shows device not ready. I have no ideas left and hope someone who knows what they are doing can point us in the right direction.

Brother! I just got it going. The synaptic package tool did the trick. I got my info from Crazy Indian Developer on YouTube who has a video called "kali linux wifi problem - fix wifi problem in kali linux | installing wifi drivers | 2020" it was very helpful for me.

Basically the gist of it is, plug into a usb ethernet to get yourself internet access. Install the synaptic package updater tool (apt-get install synaptic), run synaptic tool, search for 8822ce I found one package, update it, restart your network (sudo NetworkManager restart) (his network-manager instruction didn't work for me) and then restart your computer.

It's all working great for me now, I have 2.4 and 5ghz and this little laptop is pretty neat.

Good luck, if you get stuck message me back and ill try and help you though I'm also a noob.

Hi, I made my post days ago and it still hasn't been "approved by mods". I have the exact same setup and found a solution. Install the synaptic package updater and use it. apt-get install synaptic. Run it and search for 8822CE then apply those updates, restart and bam it works.
    I found the info from a youtube video https://www.***********************ky58M-B9WD0

Hope you get it working, mine is working great and I have my wlan1 set up for monitor mode too now.

Quote Originally Posted by xDragox View Post
    Hello everyone, I'm a new on this forum and on Linux in general.

I got a new Laptop ( Huawei matebook D14 2020 ) and I have a Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8822CE 802.11ac PCIe Wirelss Network Adpater.

I can't use it because Kali can't find the driver for it ( when I installed it ) and I made a lot of research on Internet but I always saw the driver install for the 8821 but never for 8822CE.

I really don't want to reinstall Windows and create a virtual machine with Kali Linux so I really hope that someone can help me

Thanks a lot in advance.

Have a good day

xDragox
    Hi. The Kali Kernal does not have the RT88 drivers for this chipset. To overcome this you will have to get a usb wifi . I used TP-Link. Once you have network access during installation you will have to add the RTL8822CE. follow the below link to get it to work. https://askubuntu.com/questions/1071...n-ubuntu-18-04

can anyone confirm that any of this solutions work ??

Yes, my solution worked and still works. Grab that synaptic tool. Was super easy in the end. Good luck

I am new to Linux and had the same problem with my asus tuf gaming a17 laptop. The lwfinger repository was no longer available, but found the driver elsewhere on github. Anyway, installing the driver didn't help, here it was because i was on firmware 1.173. Search for Linux firmware archive and update to 1.187 (1.187.3 is the current stable supported) make sure to use the 187_all deb. This got me on track and was able to finally use wifi in Linux. I didn't post links because it was a learning experience for me and i think all would benefit from that. Synaptic didn't help by the way

Quote Originally Posted by neavesj View Post
    Hi, I made my post days ago and it still hasn't been "approved by mods". I have the exact same setup and found a solution. Install the synaptic package updater and use it. apt-get install synaptic. Run it and search for 8822CE then apply those updates, restart and bam it works.
    I found the info from a youtube video https://www.***********************ky58M-B9WD0

Hope you get it working, mine is working great and I have my wlan1 set up for monitor mode too now.
    bro, did you that by an on board wifi card?

This worked for me, i have the same driver, its for 8821ce but works for 8822ce, i now have wlan. hope this works for you

sudo apt-get install --reinstall git dkms build-essential linux-headers-$(uname -r)
    git clone https://github.com/tomaspinho/rtl8821ce
    cd rtl8821ce
    chmod +x dkms-install.sh
    chmod +x dkms-remove.sh
    sudo ./dkms-install.sh