Thread: VMware install not working

VMware install not working

I have been trying to install Kali on VMware for about a whole day straight now, and it hasn't been working at all. The VM setup and installation process all go smoothly, but once i boot up for the first time, after, grub, it seems to immediately freeze and stutter (right on the kali logo lighting up animation, where it blocks and is VERY VERY slow), then after somewhere between 30 seconds to one minute, it reverts to a black screen, where i can open up a terminal (ctrl+alt+f2) and access my user from there.
    I have tried to update and upgrade through apt, but to no avail. I have tried updating the GPU drivers (which doesn't really make sense with it being a VM anyway, I think.), and I have also tried changing the linux line from grub boot up options (by pressing e) and then booting from there, none have worked.
    I am of course using the latest kali 2020.3 iso release.
    Funnily enough, I tried using the OVA and it works just fine.
    I can provide any additional information needed if asked, and will try to the best of my ability to respond fast.
    Thank you for any help you can provide, I am quite new to linux, and to kali in particular, but this seems to be an issue I have yet to find any thread about. For reference, if that might help, here is where I'm stuck at before the black screen and before opening the terminal.kali stuck.jpg

Check if your VM has enough RAM allocated to it. 2gb is the min recommended.

I allocated 4 Gb. The install also worked on other virtualisation software.