Thread: Initranfs unpacking failed: write error touch: /var/run/brltty-Xorg: No such file or director

Question Initranfs unpacking failed: write error touch: /var/run/brltty-Xorg: No such file or director

Hello everyone
    I was creating a new VM in VMware Fusion 11.5 on my MacBook Pro following the tuto https://geekflare.com/kali-linux-ins...-guide-vmware/ with the package
    kali-linux-2020.3-installer-amd64.iso
    downloading from the Kali Linux website itself.

At the moment I clicked the play button to install Kali, the installer runs ad eternam displaying
    Initranfs unpacking failed: write error touch: /var/run/brltty-Xorg: No such file or directorthis
    2020-08-26_09-14-08.jpg

Note : At the question
    UEFI or BIOS
    , I try both with the same result.
    I don't know what to do now. Thanks in advance for any help which will be appreciate.
    Stay safe

Fix for Fusion - Kali install error per geekflare tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by JeMiMe83 View Post
    Hello everyone
    I was creating a new VM in VMware Fusion 11.5 on my MacBook Pro following the tuto https://geekflare.com/kali-linux-ins...-guide-vmware/ with the package downloading from the Kali Linux website itself.

At the moment I clicked the play button to install Kali, the installer runs ad eternam displaying

2020-08-26_09-14-08.jpg

Note : At the question , I try both with the same result.
    I don't know what to do now. Thanks in advance for any help which will be appreciate.
    Stay safe
    @JeMiMe83;97662. ,

I ran into same error. I thought the tutorial's recommendation "Select Other >> Other 64-bit and click on Continue" odd. Since Kali is based on Debian, I chose Linux and the latest 64-but Debian option and was able to proceed with install. Hope it works and stay safe !
    Attached Images Attached Images

If you choose Other and then latest install of Debian, the install will proceed without the error.
    Fusion_OS_choice.jpg

Increase your ram from 256 to 1024... or you can try 512.