Thread: fasttrack.txt wordlst

fasttrack.txt wordlst

Hi,

Not sure this is the right place, but while doing OSCP I noticed that the fasttrack.txt wordlist (needed for the OCPS labs) has disappeared in Kali 2020.3. So anyone updating Kali, will run into problems when doing brute force attacks. In more detail: the symbolic link to this wordlist is there, but the original file is not.

Thanks,

BC

that file comes from the social engineering toolkit, or set, package. You will want to `apt install set` if you do not have it installed.

Quote Originally Posted by steev View Post
    that file comes from the social engineering toolkit, or set, package. You will want to `apt install set` if you do not have it installed.
    I just installed that package, and I noticed it created a file wordlist.txt which looks like the fasttrack.txt I had before. I had a broken symbolic
    link in /usr/share/wordlists called fasttrack.txt which was broken. My theory is that the symbolic link is no longer part of the set package. Who can fix this?
    Also: there us an empty line in the wordlist which causes Hydra to fail while using this wordlist.

Cheers

BC