Thread: Login screen on wrong monitor

Login screen on wrong monitor

Hi all,
    I have installed Kali on my dual monitor system without problems.
    The left hand side monitor is the primary one and the right hand side is secondary. It is also worth noting the right hand side monitor is in portrait mode and will only rotate correctly once logged in.

My problem is that the login screen appears on the secondary right hand side monitor, which is a pain as it is not rotated correctly until I have logged in, and I would love to have either the login screen on the primary left hand side monitor or the secondary monitor rotated before I log in, making it easier to log in.

Please let me know where the settings are located and what I need to do/change in order to accomplish this.

Thank you & Regards
    Crouz

This could get ugly. In all seriousness, you might want to just consider swapping cables on the monitors.

What type of video card are you using (Nvidia, etc.?)

Likely what you'll end up having to do is create an xorg.conf file in /etc/X11/ (or creating the appropriate fragments of one in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d). What you need to put in those fragments differs depending on which video drivers your using (and, thus, on which type of video card you have). Most of the time the X.org software doesn't need a configuration file these days, but in situations like this you can, and will have to, use one.

You might also end up having to change the configuration of the display manager (which I think is lightdm by default).