Thread: Kali keyboard mix-up

Mikey Guest

Kali keyboard mix-up

Hi
    Just installed Kali Linux on a Raspberry Pi 3 and updated it and also upgraded it as per the person that I got it from. Everything went as it should until it started to ask me what keyboard I wanted to use. Well, I was stumped, it never asked me when I first started it and I assumed it was the UK as I was using it to type the username and password in english and didn't know what to do so I picked HP as that was the make of the keyboard I was using at the time. Wrong, it installed something completely differently.

It took me 20 minutes to figure out the password kali using T A O K. When I got in I tried to edit the keyboard in the command line with setxkbmap -layout gb which seemed to fix the problem. I could once again use the English keyboard to set other things up like installing git as well as a few others.

But as soon as I rebooted, it was back to the foreign keyboard all over again. I don't know how to get the UK keyboard back and working.

Any help here would be gratefully received.

Many thanks.

Mikey Guest
    Seeing as no one bothered to annswer my question I flash a new sd card and I'll use Google to find out the exact 'Keyboard layout I need to run Kali

Thanks for NOTHING.