Thread: Kernel Package error during installation in Virtualbox

Kernel Package error during installation in Virtualbox

Hi everyone, I am a new user to Kali Linux and I am trying to use it via the use of Oracle virtual box. And I apologize in advance if my post is in the wrong thread...

While I was attempting to install it using the Graphical Installation option, everything seems to be proceeding fine until it is at the stage in which I was met with an error. Initially I had presume that the iso image I have downloaded could be corrupted, I re-downloaded it from the site, re-attempt the same installation steps, still I am getting the same error.

This is the error:
    Capture.jpg

Wondering if anyone has encountered such issue or a similar one before? Able to share any insights to me?

P.S: I tried using the vbox version of Kali Linux and it works correctly. Am interested to know where I am doing it wrong to begin with..

me too facing this issue

Hi tehki,
    Did you able finally setup Kali? I have faced the same issue. Looks like it's some kind related with virtualization settings but I haven't found solution yet.

i've faced this a few times, if you go back in the installer and repeat the install process it should go through without issue.

thanks in advance!

im trying to install kali on virtualbox and it gets to the select and install software then says that the step has failed and to continue or try to install again. it keeps doing it ive redownloaded the iso files tried restarting the pc and it does the same thing. does anyone have any suggestions on what to do from here?