Thread: Kali Linux MacBook keeps aborting/crash

Kali Linux MacBook keeps aborting/crash

Hi Guys!

I'm new to Kali Linux, hence why I'm reaching out to you for some support.

For my (new) study (Software development) I'm in need of using Kali Linux.

I've downloaded the Kali Linux 64-Bit (installer) file from the Kali website, and I wanted to use this through VirtualBox VM.

After following setting everything up, Kali goes in to installing and finishes it. Once it boots up, I will see the Kali dragon show up for a slight second and then the VM goes from "Running" to "Aborted" and it will come up with a crash-report.Screenshot 2020-09-12 at 22.20.53.jpg

I've tried several things, like changing the amount of CPU's, RAM Memory, or more storage. But no success. Unfortunately, I'm unable to find any solution to my problem, hence why I'm here seeking for your support.

If somebody needs more informatie, please feel free to reach out and I will do my best to provide the needed information.

Thanks in advance!

Justin
    MacBook Pro 15' 2014

Cool I was facing the same , but I got the solution

first go to finder and then applications now in vmbox right click it and go to "show package content" and then content > macOS then scroll down and you will get "Virtualbox" exec file open it and virtual box will open through terminal and then start your kali then you will get 2 popup allow them and start using it now it won't abort.

Ditto

Had the exact same problem.

Even took the newest .iso file from linux downloads, reinstalled everything and while trying to configure, when it gets to choosing a "graphical install", you can't even select "language" or "location" options.

This is a problem Heard friends also mention they're having problems with the new disto but not sure what the solution is to just running it from a clean install????????

HELP?

Quote Originally Posted by JDeenik View Post
    Hi Guys!

.......I've downloaded the Kali Linux 64-Bit (installer) file from the Kali website, and I wanted to use this through VirtualBox VM. After following setting everything up, Kali goes in to installing and finishes it. Once it boots up, I will see the Kali dragon show up for a slight second and the VM goes from "Running" to "Aborted" and it will come up with a crash-report.

I've tried several things, like changing the amount of CPU's, RAM Memory, or more storage. But no success. Unfortunately, I'm unable to find any solution to my problem, hence why I'm here seeking for your support.

If somebody needs more informatie, please feel free to reach out and I will do my best to provide the needed information.

Thanks in advance!

Justin
    MacBook Pro 15' 2014