Hi there.

I've recently updated to the latest release of Kali a week ago.

Been using the computer a lot and also a few reboots by button push (since normal shutdown procedure doesn't work for me).

This morning I did the same and rebooted the computer and now I'm stuck in a never ending login loop for the desktop.
With that I mean the computer reboots normally. The graphic login screen pops up. I write the user name and password and click login.
What happens next is the screen goes blank except the cursor marker for a second before the login screen pops up again asking me
for the user name and password. Only this loop happens

Have another user account on the computer which I tried and it works as normally.

Logging in via the console works OK. no issues there whatever account I'm using.

Scavenged the net for any leads for how to fix this issue and found a few tutorials on how to fix it. Like sudo apt update -f and sudo apt upgrade -f, reboot and also to fix the x-session used. None of those tutorials works (the tutorials were two years old and obviously ment for an earlier edition of Kali).

Anybody here that have experienced the same problems with the login and have found a solution to the problem?

Any tips and hints will be highly appreciated so I don't have to go through the hassle of reinstalling Kali to get it to work.

Regards