Thread: XRDP with No Audio

Question XRDP with No Audio

Hello,

I am running Kali Linux latest version into my testing server. It has GUI (xfce) enabled and XRDP installed. I can login into that server from my Windows laptop using remote desktop connection. But I get no sound from remote machine (Kali Linux). Volume icon remained grey/inactive saying "not connected to the pulse audio server"
    I can find no pulse audio plugin/module for XRDP in kali Linux repository. I tried to compile and install from here - https://github.com/neutrinolabs/pulseaudio-module-xrdp
    but it's not working.

How to fix the issue? How can I enable sound in remote Kali Linux machine?

Note: I configured remote desktop client properly for playing sound (Check screenshot)

Capture.jpg

So it seems the problem is with sound forwarding from remote machine and pulse audio module for XRDP.

I?ve got this working, sort of, on a RasPi.
    I noticed that there seems to be some sort of issue where pulse audio grabs the audio hardware before the xrdp modules (provided these are functioning and installed properly). So I often need to kill and restart pulseaudio after establishing the connection to get things working. It?s odd, and I haven?t figured out how to make this work on the first go.