Good Day Fellow Kali Forum Powers Users / Developers / Gurus....

I really like the new ZSH shell, and followed the instructions to migrate to it from kali.org release page.
Okay everything was going fine the syntax highlighting and suggestions add life to the shell so I now spend less time looking for the GUI app.
I can change directories using the new directory change command....and followed the advice to copy the config file to my home folder.

https://www.kali.org/news/kali-2020-3-release/
"However if you installed an earlier version of Kali Linux and have upgraded to 2020.3, your user will be lacking the default ZSH configuration that we cooked with lots of love. So for upgrade users only, make sure to copy the configuration file:
Code:
kali@kali:~$ cp /etc/skel/.zshrc ~/
Then all you need to do is switch to ZSH:
If you like what you see, you can set ZSH as your default (replacing bash) by doing
Code:
kali@kali:~$ chsh -s /bin/zsh.
My concern is that why were we not advised that in doing so that ZSH, with all its bell bells and whistles cant even reconcile a $PATH.
So basic commands like ifconfig are useless. Dong some online research, anmd peeeping into the .bashrc and the .zshrc suggests that ZSH has not been given the ability recognise the pre-existing environment variables that BASH has.
Its not a train smash! type bash back into the terminal and switching back to BASH resolves the problem.
I have also readup the creation of a .zshenv rather than adding the paths to the .zshrc.

Can someone please give me some advice on how to:
1. Correctly create the .zshenv in the correct folder
2. How to add all the necessary $PATH for all users
3. Add the System Environment variables
As I would hate to do anything to break my Kali Installation

Thank you, your assistance in this regard will be highly appreciated.