Thread: What does it take to be able to host ISOs with either DriveDroid or Arsenal?

What does it take to be able to host ISOs with either DriveDroid or Arsenal?

I?ve tried on several different phones now, a OnePlus One, a OnePlus 7 Pro, a Nexus 6P, (and possibly one other which I can?t recall right now?). The OPO and Nexus are running the latest supported LineageOS. The OnePlus 7 Pro had the latest stock Android 10 (I no longer have that phone). They all could host USB flash drive images, but that is only useful sometimes. I have to grab a computer and convert an existing ISO into a flash drive image. This is somewhat time consuming. Sometimes I don?t bring a laptop with me, and I just want to download the latest version of XYZ bootable ISO, and host it from Drive Droid without spending a bunch of time converting it. Drive droid seems to think that the kernels for the respective phones don?t support USB CDROM. I?m starting to wonder the same thing.

Is the answer obvious, and I’m missing the boat, or is everyone as much in the dark as I? Or perhaps I’m the only one wanting this feature? little help here? So far, that’s what I’ve received - very little help here!

Quote Originally Posted by aaronouthier View Post
    little help here? So far, that’s what I’ve received - very little help here!
    I have suspended all the people who are supposed to answer questions and have suspended them all without pay for 1 year, If you feel that they should be suspended longer just tell tell me because the maximum I can do is 2 years without pay.

@sml156: Sorry about that! It was my intention to be funny, not dramatic or demanding. I’ve gotten help on other topics, and also helped out others on several occasions. Everyone on this forum is a volunteer in some way or another. The sign in an office where I used to volunteer says: “Volunteers are unpaid, not because they’re worthless, but because they are priceless”

“Always keep your words soft and tender, for tomorrow you may have to eat them” - Ben Franklin, Poor Richard’s Almanac.
    Words I need to learn and and appreciate more fully.

-

Good point, that part I missed. What batteries are you looking for, do you want to go 2x6s strictly I personally would recommend getting away from all the mixing of batteries?