Thread: Date and Timing problem In Kali linux

Date and Timing problem In Kali linux

Clock stops when I shutdown my pc and every time I log back in I have to reset the time to the current time. I know this sounds stupid but i have been searching for answers from last 3 days now and got nothing that would fix this. I have tried setting the time zone (which in my case is ASIA : KOLKATA). the time goes smooth as i change it to current time but freezes when I shut my computer down.

I am using 2 Window managers: i3wm and xfce.

On my computer there was windows installed previously and this wasn't a problem back then.

I have been setting the time by: sudo date --set="20201020 21:14:40" (previous reset)
    and the timezone by: dpkg-reconfigure tzdata

but both of these tend to provide temporary solutions.

Thanks in advance

2. Quote Originally Posted by Prakhar Misra View Post
    Clock stops when I shutdown my pc and every time I log back in I have to reset the time to the current time. I know this sounds stupid but i have been searching for answers from last 3 days now and got nothing that would fix this. I have tried setting the time zone (which in my case is ASIA : KOLKATA). the time goes smooth as i change it to current time but freezes when I shut my computer down.

I am using 2 Window managers: i3wm and xfce.

On my computer there was windows installed previously and this wasn't a problem back then.

I have been setting the time by: sudo date --set="20201020 21:14:40" (previous reset)
    and the timezone by: dpkg-reconfigure tzdata

but both of these tend to provide temporary solutions.

Thanks in advance
    https://github.com/nu11secur1ty/Kali...ree/master/NTP