Thread: Need a little help with postgresql

Exclamation Need a little help with postgresql

I just need to know how to upgrade from 12 to 13 I am using kali linux 2020.3

I don't have an answer for you at the moment as I'm learning as I go but I did stumble across some good info in the Kali Linux Revealed book. Navigate to /usr/share/doc/ and search for postgre, you should find several pertaining to the packages you installed on your Kali Linux instance. From here I would suggest opening postgresql-x for the version number you want to learn more about and unzip the README.debian.gz file in it and also open postgresql-common and unzip README.md.gz. These files are manuals for postgresql and I'm currently going through them now to familiarize myself with postgresql and understand how to do the upgrade.

Alternatively you can go to postgresql.org and find instructions there for upgrading as well. The directions for upgrading 11 to 12 can also be used for upgrading 12 to 13.

Best of luck!

Musket Teams ran into this problem last week during an i386 upgrade. We tried several solutions. In the end this worked for us.

sudo rm /var/lib/dpkg/lock && rm /var/lib/apt/lists/lock

We then ran:

sudo dpkg --configure -a

When the configure process was completed MTeams were able to continue adding programs to Kali-linux

thru apt-get install etc

Quote Originally Posted by mmusket33 View Post
    Musket Teams ran into this problem last week during an i386 upgrade. We tried several solutions. In the end this worked for us.

sudo rm /var/lib/dpkg/lock && rm /var/lib/apt/lists/lock

We then ran:

sudo dpkg --configure -a

When the configure process was completed MTeams were able to continue adding programs to Kali-linux

thru apt-get install etc
    Thanks bro👍

first, you'll need to stop the cluster so that you can drop it: sudo pg_dropcluster 13 main --stop
    second, you'll want to upgrade your postgresql 12 cluster to 13: sudo pg_upgradecluster 12 main 13

if you install from 2020 series kali and update frequently, consider using this in a script so that you can automate the task.