I am new to Kali Linux and I am trying to follow the ethical hackers guide from the website javaTpoint on how to learn ethical hacking. I read the first few pages I installed virtual box and kali linux for virtual box and my first problem I had was my virtualization was off so I looked up how to fix that. I went to my BIOS and turned it on and it worked. Then when I entered the kali linux on virtual box after I set it up, and I had trouble understanding why my commands weren't working. Turns out the kali linux was not rooted and so I looked up how to root it and so I figured it out. Then I used the command to look up the wifi interfaces yet no wlan0 came up. I looked on the internet for solutions and then I downloaded this thing called compat-wireless-2010-06-26-p.tar.bz2 and set it up. And when I typed iwconfig wlan0 and wlan1 came up (idk why wlan1 came up as I only needed wlan0 but continued on). I then turned on monitor mode and tried using airodump-ng wlan0 yet nothing came up. The information I was looking for wasn't there. I looked up to see what was wrong yet could not find any answers on the internet, so I came here to look for answers. Also why do I keep on having problems one after another?