Thread: How to install privileged extension manually - no twrp?

How to install privileged extension manually - no twrp?

Hello,
    Is there any way to install NetHunter privileged extension with Magisk installed, but not TWRP?

Failing that, does anyone have the knowledge, time, and patience to create a TWRP for a new platform? I'm expecting not on this one, but I have to ask...

FWIW: I have a BLU Vivo One Plus. I bought it on ebay. I was trying to buy a OnePlus one, and BLU Vivo came up in the search results. I didn't know the difference, and didn't feel like returning it.

Also, I found a thread on XDA developers forums for TWRP for the (smaller) Vivo One, but not for the Vivo One Plus.

Oh, and there are 2 different revisions of the one plus: the 2018, and 2019 models. I have the 2018, model #v0290ww.
    Last edited by aaronouthier; 2020-11-19 at 15:20. Reason: Added addendum

Update: I managed to download and install the original fdroid privileged extension directly from file manager, and that worked.

I now have my Apps up and running. It took some fiddling, but I finally got the chroot working. My phone only has 16 GB of storage, and 6 of it is used by the android OS!! It has an microSD card slot, so I stuck a 128GB card it it.

Now, with the chroot environment, I have less than 1.5 GB of free space on my phone. I am now creating a 16 GB disk image on my SD card, and have stopped the chroot environment for the moment. I'm gunna try moving my chroot to the disk image. My only question on that is: Where is the system's fstab file or equivalent? I'm going to want the image to mount on boot.

Drat. The phone's kernel doesn't support loopback file systems...
    I've already requested the kernel source from the company. I'm not sure why they don't seem to have it publicly accessible. It is GPL'D software. That said, I'll cross one bridge at a time, and not try to cross one until I get to it.