I wanted to install kali but it is not recognising my windows 7 on an already dual booted hard disk with windows 8.1 and windows 7
my bios settings are set to legacy boot without secure boot
and both my windows oss are booting from legacy mode only
am using dell 5500 laptop with 1 TB Hard disk (note not a SSD)
no GPU
have turned off fast start up on my windows 8.1 but not on windows 7
this was a problem while installing kali on my already dual boot system and not while booting in it.
it wasn't detecting windows 7 but only windows 8 so i came here to ask about it before making any changes to my system
I wanted to install kali to get hands on it and then dropping out windows forever after getting well acquainted with the command line
speaking about creating a virtual machine (have bad luck with it.) virtualisations in my laptop are very slow even after assigning around 6 gb of ram (have 8 gb ram) and 2 processors(having 2 cores only and both assigned to the virtual machine)
tried virtual box, VMware player and even VMware pro but the same result
my hard drive is not supporting windows 10 making as it makes my device very slow.
tried using windows 10 before.
then switched to windows 7 which worked smooth like butter with my hard drive and then tried windows 8.1 which is also working fine.
inbuilt settings for my laptop were legacy mode and not uefi as it came with windows vista initially
Thank you in advanced
Waiting for a reply