hi everyone,
ive been having an issue trying to install drivers for my wireless, when i type iwconfig it shows no network adapters are connected.

so i've been trying to install Compat wireless for awhile now, following the instructions with the software, but i keep getting the following error:

/sbin/modprobe: invalid option -- 'l'
/sbin/modprobe: invalid option -- 'l'
Stoping bluetooth service..
Stopping bluetooth: /usr/sbin/bluetoothd.
bluetooth is not running ... failed!

now the problem here is i don't have a bluetooth device attached or installed on my laptop just a wireless card Atheros AR9485.
for some reason it keeps thinking i have a bluetooth device, i purchased a bluetooth usb adaptor to try and bypass this, ive tried to start the bluetooth service
using "service --status-all" i can see bluetooth is not running and when i go to start the service or restart it will attempt to but wont actually start.

i've also tried to install BroadcomInstaller2017 with the following error,

Please enter your choice: 1
After Installing Your Machine is Going to REBOOT
Reading package lists... Done
E: Could not open lock file /var/lib/apt/lists/lock - open (13: Permission denied)
E: Unable to lock directory /var/lib/apt/lists/
W: Problem unlinking the file /var/cache/apt/pkgcache.bin - RemoveCaches (13: Permission denied)
W: Problem unlinking the file /var/cache/apt/srcpkgcache.bin - RemoveCaches (13: Permission denied)
E: Could not open lock file /var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend - open (13: Permission denied)
E: Unable to acquire the dpkg frontend lock (/var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend), are you root?
modprobe: FATAL: Module wl not found in directory /lib/modules/4.19.128-microsoft-standard
System has not been booted with systemd as init system (PID 1). Can't operate.
Failed to connect to bus: Host is down

any advice or help besides launch my laptop out of the window ?