Hello to all dear Kali Users,

I am new to Linux and Kali as well, so please accept apology if I ask any inappropriate question here.

I was using some customized aliases by defining them in .bash_aliases script in Kali 2019 and it was working nicely.
But in the case of Kali 2020.4 this procedure does not work for permanently. I can assign aliases temporarily but cannot use it for permanently.
I tried the following in Kali 2020.4..
- I tried to assign aliases in ~/.bash.aliases file (e.g. alias ls='ls --color=always -rthla')
- Then I tried to implement it by commands $ source ~/.bash.aliases and/or $. ~/.bash_aliases, but it works for the same and only terminal window (where the command is run) till its opened. I cannot again use it for permanent in another terminal window.
- I did the same procedure for .bashrc file too, but couldn't succeed. Further I get output like.. "Command not found: shopt" error when I try to implement the changes done in .bashrc file by giving $ source ~/.bashrc and/or $ . ~/.bashrc commands.

Please help me to rectify this issue. Please do tell me that what type of mistake am I doing? How to assign permanent aliases in Kali 2020.4?

Thanks and Regards,
P. Mistry