Ok. so this has been driving me absolutely crazy this past week trying to figure this out, so im finally asking for help with this problem I just can't solve myself.

I have been using a dual monitor setup using my laptop screen and a second monitor for long enough now that I refuse to go back to a single monitor situation, well i decided recently to upgrade to using either 3 monitors, or dual external screens, excluding my laptop screen, so what i did was i went on amazon and i bought 2 of the monitors in the jpeg i atttached to this question, (sorry if you can't see it) it was the #1 best seller on amazon the 23" hp 24mh monitor, and i bought a 2 armed monitor mount for them to put on my desk and an adapter cord for a vga to usb 3.0 adapter, since my laptop which is a 2018 dell inspiron 5570 14" which is running an intel i-3 processor with 24 Gb of RAM i have 2 internall SSD one is a NVMe M.2 SSD the other is a SATA SSD and the third internal drive is a regular HDD, I have 1 HDMI port 2 usb 3.0 ports, 1 usb 2.0 poort and that is really it. Now I've come to find out that with only 1 HDMI port it is impossible to connect 2 external displays until I incorporate a isb 3.0 adapter of sorts wether its one thats usb-a to vga or HDMI to usb-a3.0, and I have been stuck right there. I have tried several different combinations of adapters and they all have so far ended up needed a downloaded driver or software that is seemingly not available or just downright not compatable with linux aside from the only one i have seen that even hints any compatability with linux which is the intel displaylink technology that only recently started sporting compatability with the most recent ubuntu distro. and they include some directions for taking that open source part of ubuntu they have managed to make compatable software for, and say "heres our source code for the ubuntu one we made, and some basic instructions if you want to port that to other linux distros yourself good luck, oh and don't forget to tell us if you were sucessful in getting it to work", so my question is, does anyone know if there is a way to get my desired setup to work with the 2 displays i bought for this? is the understanding i have accurate or is there something i am missing? has anyone successfully implemented intels displaylink for other distros than ubuntu? would love to know. if i didnt include enough info for someone to provide an answer just let me know, happy to fill in any blanks