Good day everyone,

I had the pleasure of getting some help from Crash on IRC this morning and so I'm posting this fix for users getting the whole 'I can't see any networks when I'm using wifite etc issue'.

Mods forgive me in advance if this is the wrong place I'm still a little overwhelmed with all the options.

So for days I was troubleshooting this issue and tried every fix except obviously one, for some reason this page was very hard to find.

For the veterans this is tldr for you, just goto this link: https://forum.aircrack-ng.org/index....fgcbvj5l4sjlr3 follow his procedure at the bottom works like a charm.

For the noobs like myself let's get started..

So if you've been messing about the first thing I would recommend is a clean install. So we're going to start from the beginning.

Use ETCHER not RUFUS to burn your kali image on your USB much better for this laptop as it's EUFI. Screen boots up, press F2 to enter the BIOS. Enable boot menu, enable superviser and user password (else the other features don't work). Disable fastboot, disable secureboot. Reboot with your ETCHER USB Kali install stick plugged in you'll notice it'll start to flash now, F2 to get into the BIOS (don't use the boot menu this is more reliable). Make your way to BOOT, you'll notice your USB is showing up now, set the order so USB boots first, exit and save, now you'll boot into the install screen.

FU Win10 and good ****** riddance. Follow your typical install procedure, you'll get the errors about non free binaries missing you can click no I don't have and keep moving. We're going to install those later (you'll notice it's the ATH10k that's whining).

So we're inside linux now, play with your colors etc.
The pros might cringe a bit but this is how I did it:

# sudo apt update
# sudo apt full-upgrade -y --autoremove
# apt install kali-linux-everythingNow it's time to follow these steps:

STEPS:
1- Download https://github.com/kvalo/ath10k-firm...4.4.1.c3-00059

2- Make a copy of /lib/firmware/ath10k/QCA6174/hw3.0/firmware-6.bin

3- Change downloaded file name, permissions(chmod), owner(chown) and group(chgrp) to match the original firmware-6.bin

4- Run this (replace wlp2s0 with your interface name): Code: [Select]
sudo airmon-ng stop wlp2s0 && sudo airmon-ng check kill && sudo modprobe -r ath10k_pci && sudo modprobe -r ath10k_core
5- Replace /lib/firmware/ath10k/QCA6174/hw3.0/firmware-6.bin with the downloaded file

6- Restart PC

7- Run the following to enable/disable monitoring (replace wlp2s0 with your interface name):

ENABLE:
Code: [Select]
sudo modprobe -r ath10k_pci
sudo modprobe -r ath10k_core
sudo modprobe ath10k_core rawmode=1 cryptmode=1
sudo modprobe ath10k_pci
sudo airmon-ng check kill
sudo airmon-ng start wlp2s0

DISABLE:
Code: [Select]
sudo modprobe -r ath10k_pci
sudo modprobe -r ath10k_core
sudo modprobe ath10k_core rawmode=0 cryptmode=0
sudo modprobe ath10k_pci
sudo airmon-ng stop wlp2s0
sudo service network-manager start

NOTE!!
1. Notice his interface wlp2s0 yours is prolly like wlan0 or something
2. If you're having trouble assigning perms through console, you can do it the noob way like myself:
open 2 terminals:
# Thunar
twice..

On one open your lib/firmware/ dir on the other the file you're going to overwrite with, right click, properties, perms and assign the exact same.
(Yes including the read only one)

Follow the rest of the procedure and it worked for me I am now able to see the networks when using wifite.

Major thanks to Crash and obviously the solution finder jojo, this was holding me back a lot and from what I"m seeing many others..
As a noob my first hits where about backporting which is completely unnecessary for this issue.

Also feel free to adjust/correct anything I've said as I'm still learning