So I was using openvpn to do INE training labs and couldn't connect so I went to kill the prcess and start again. Well my machine (Raspberry Pi 4) froze up so I terminated power and rebooted. Ever since then when I go to boot I get a series of messages and actions that are constantly changing. The strange thing, at least to a Linux newb like myself, is that when the message ends I can hit enter and the boot finishes and all appears to be normal. It now always starts with 'Starting Helper to synchronize bot up for ifupdown', after that finishes it will usuall go and say file system check on /dev/sda1 and complete, but it may also say Target Reached Sound Card, or mounting /boot, or Found device SATA_SSD_BOOT (I do boot kali from and EMtech SSD). As I said before when it hits one of these points it stops, the moment I press enter its back to business. Any help would be appreciated as I've been searching and can't find anything similar too this. I regularly use 'sudo apt-get upgrade' and 'sudo apt full-upgrade' to stay up to date and generally try to practice good system maintenance so I'm at a loss. Thanks for any help in advance!

screenshot1.jpgscreenshot2.jpgsc3.jpgsc4.jpg