Dear community,

since corona I have more time and my goal is to learn more about Pentesting/Linux. I m a beginner and I search for some support. Important for me is not to act as a script kiddi. Please bear with me, the most difficult thing is always to start but a lot of guys laugh about me because I am a beginner and I m not aware about the basics. But i want to learn

So in the past ago I already had contact with backtrack and tried some things out with succuess. Yesterday I ownloaded the newest Kali VM from their webiste with the new XFCE system. I updated and upgraded he machine with the commands apt-get update/upgrade etc. To verfiy if its working i started some tools and on of them was the Fern wifi cracker. So i startetd it and i got the message new update availible. I clicked update and I got the "input Output error" Default Webrowser not set.

Okay I googled and i tried to set the default browser with mozilla, chrome (after install) under settings Manager preferd applications. Same error again. So I thought okay maybe I can update this tool foe example manually, I had a look on github and treid over console: [COLOR=var(--color-prettylights-syntax-comment)]git clone https://github.com/savio-code/fern-wifi-cracker.git

After this it installed the tool but still I got the info old version. The second time I treid this, I get an error hat its not possible to to this because the folder is not empty where i want to install. I downloaded the complete ressource from github and now it is in
[/COLOR]home/kali/fern-wifi-cracker/Fern-Wifi-Cracker/. I don t know how to execute it, because i cannot open the phyton execute file. If i know want to open it over the application directly in kali nothing happen.

I appriciate any help, and please bear with me I m new.

Thanks

m.soldier