NOTE: This will be a quick example that will show you how a thread should look like.
In this thread I will be a user which is having trouble getting his wireless card working so I decide to make a thread asking for help.

Step 1: Searching
NOTE: Before creating a new thread, make sure you read our Documentation, check existing post and do a bit of searching on the internet. In most cases the time you wait for your thread to be moderated + the time for someone to respond to it is a lot grater than the time it will take you to find a solution by searching.

Now whether you realize it or not most of your issues can be found by doing some simple searching, so in our case we will check:

We are going to pretend that we could not find any useful information here and move on with creating our thread.

Step 2: Creating an appropriate thread
* The Thread Title:

If we take a look at the Forum Rules we can see the following:
Quote Originally Posted by muts View Post
Make your post title descriptive.
This means you will have to correctly choose a thread title in order to give the readers a clue about what that thread might contain. So do not choose titles similar to: "Help!!!", "Wireless not working =(", "Need Assistance plz!", etc.

* Introduction:
The first thing of your thread should contain a short write-up describing your problem.

* Necessary details:
After a description of your problem you need to provide the necessary details so that people will be able to assist you.
By necessary details I refer to:
  • Kali version (KDE/GNOME, Arhitecture)
  • Kali installation (VM, HDD, USB)
  • Basic output of commands (ifconfig, iwconfig, lspci, lsusb, dmesg, etc.)
  • An error message (if any)
  • Links to the same problem (if any)
  • Solutions tried and their result

WARNING: OPENING A THREAD THAT DOES NOT CONTAIN THE NECESSARY INFORMATION MENTIONED ABOVE WILL NO LONGER BE APPROVED!!!

Let's see how this thread should look like.