Hello, I installed Win-KeX on WSL2, and it works beautifully. However, when I try to start the Win-KeX in streamlined mode, I get a fatal error from XWin. The server "Cannot establish any listening sockets." It wants me to "Make sure an X server isn't already running:"

2021-02-20_10-46-12.jpg

Let me stress that the issue manifests itself only in streamlined mode; i.e. only when I start Win-KeX with kex --sl -s. Starting Win-KeX in WIN or ESM mode work perfectly fine. However, I really want to get that SL mode working, so that I can have my Windows bar at the bottom of the screen, and the Kali bar at the top.

Initial troubleshooting showed that, for some reason, dbus-X11 was missing, so I took care of that:
Code:
sudo apt update && sudo apt install -y kali-linux-large
Yup, I went the extreme route. However, I was still having the same issue. The log still showed this:
Welcome to the VcXsrv X ServerVendor: The VcXsrv Project
Release: 1.20.1.4

_XSERVTransSocketCreateListener: failed to bind listener
_XSERVTransSocketINETCreateListener: ...SocketCreateListener() failed
_XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: failed to create listener for inet6
_XSERVTransSocketCreateListener: failed to bind listener
_XSERVTransSocketINETCreateListener: ...SocketCreateListener() failed
_XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: failed to create listener for inet
(EE)
Fatal server error:
(EE) Cannot establish any listening sockets - Make sure an X server isn't already running(EE)
(EE) Server terminated with error (1). Closing log file.
After further research and troubleshooting, I tried the following, but still to no avail:
Code:
sudo apt remove xrdp
sudo apt purge kali-win-kex
sudo apt update
sudo apt install -y kali-win-hex
I've also tried removing lock files, in case that was the issue, but [again] to no avail:
Code:
sudo rm /tmp/*.log
sudo rm -f /tmp/.X11-unix
sudo rm -f /tmp/.X11-unix/X1
sudo rm -f /tmp/.X1
sudo rm -f /tmp/.X1-lock
Has anyone else come across and overcome this issue? Any assistance would be much appreciated!