Hello kali users
Realizing that allowing anonymous an nfs mount of a root directory might be a security risk, I only allow myself to mount the root
directory of my Kali Linux servers.

All of my Kali-2021 32Bit and 64Bit servers, both actual machines and virtual machines, have this entry in their /etc/exports
file--as the administrator, my client machine is "Leno" and "Leno" and "Dell" have valid IP address assignment in each machine's
/etc/hosts file.

# /etc/exports: the access control list for filesystems which may be exported
# to NFS clients, See exports(5)
#
# Anyone can mount and read/write into the /nfs folder
/nfs *(rw,all_squash,sync,no_subtree_check,insecure,cro ssmnt,anonuid=65534,anongid=1000)
#But only "Leno" can mount the root directory
/ Leno(rw,sync,no_root_squash, no_subtree_check)
#
#

Ever since a recent update in early April of 2021, while I can still mount the /nfs folder of any server, I can no longer mount
the root directory of any machine that was updated. Only the unupdated machines allow the root directory mount.

The error I get, for example when I'm on my "Leno" computer trying to mount a Dell machine into my Dell folder is:

root@Leno:/#pwd
/
root@Leno:/#mkdir Dell
root@Leno:/#mount Dell:/ /Dell
mount.nfs: Operation not permitted
root@Leno:/#
root@Leno:/#

I've searched high and low. And while my Debian and Ubuntu machines have also updated, and since I can still mount their root
directories, this has lead me to think that this might be a Kali distribution change or error, and I've not been able to find
any information on it. It's not terribly important, just an inconvenience. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, and please stay safe!

Double vaccinated Leno (A sad sign of the times!)