Thread: Not automatically connect to wifi unless login -freshly installed Kali Linux RaspberryPi 2021.1

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Not automatically connect to wifi unless login -freshly installed Kali Linux RaspberryPi 2021.1

Not automatically connect to wifi unless login -freshly installed Kali Linux RaspberryPi 2021.1
    hi everyone,
    I just freshly new installation on Pi4 with Kali Linux RaspberryPi 2021.1. everything smooth and fine.

the problem is that:
    the pi can not automatically connect to wifi (without LAN cable plugin ) when the login screen shownup. So no ping to this device because no network connection established. If I manually login as a user then wifi is auto connected and showed in networkmanager icon.

If I plug in the LAN cable and startup, I can ping and SSH this PI sucessfully on boot without the need to login.

How can I make the Pi automatically connect to wifi once I plug in the power cable and then I can SSH this PI with wifi connection?

Sorry for my poor English. I have already added these scripts in /etc/network/interfaces

auto wlan0
    allow-hotplug wlan0
    iface wlan0 inet dhcp

Help is needed and I am grateful^_^

have you tried to configured the wifi using nmtui (network manager)?

Also make sure that the option to make the connection available to all users is checked in the connection options.