Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast

Thread: Kali Linux Live USB install

Hellow guys. I have problem with keeping my config files when I make persistent bootable kali linux on my SDHC card. I was following many tutorials, but there is no persistance.conf file like in other tutorials. Should I try to make bootable USB stick? Is even possible to make bootable SDHC card where I can save my progress, configuration files and many others?
    I hope that u understanded my problem.

I made a live USB using mac linux USB loader for my mackbook pro. And when I try boot from it, it does not show the boot menu where I get the option of installing it, instead it directly shows

"Welcome to Enterprise! - Version 0.3.1"
    Available boot options:
    Press the key corresponding to the number of the options that you want.

1)Boot Linux from ISO file
    2)Modify Linux kernel boot options

Press any other key to reboot the system.

In my case, I have looked at the tutorial and created the bootable USB stick using the specified command: dd if = kali-live.iso of =/dev/sdc bs = 512.

Restarted my computer and I boot from pendrive, he said that the translation into Portuguese was incomplete and in time to "load the data from the cd" (as he says also in Debian), said that "no kernel module was found".

I've done four or five downloads the ISO image. Did data analysis to see if it was corrupted. I recorded the pendrive by MS Windows. But nothing worked.
    I've been trying for almost a week.

Grateful
    Lucas Ribeiro

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Ribeiro View Post
    In my case, I have looked at the tutorial and created the bootable USB stick using the specified command: dd if = kali-live.iso of =/dev/sdc bs = 512.

Restarted my computer and I boot from pendrive, he said that the translation into Portuguese was incomplete and in time to "load the data from the cd" (as he says also in Debian), said that "no kernel module was found".

I've done four or five downloads the ISO image. Did data analysis to see if it was corrupted. I recorded the pendrive by MS Windows. But nothing worked.
    I've been trying for almost a week.

Grateful
    Lucas Ribeiro
    Create bootable USB through rufus.

I tried... Gave the same!

Quote Originally Posted by Beeho View Post
    Hello guys, I got a problem can you help me ? I've just destroy 2 USB key by trying to make my kali .iso bootable with Win32DiskImager. I've got a USB key with 16Go, the software warn me that I can damage my stick , I press OK then I press Write and after my 16Go become a 3Go key ( Got the same issue with a 32Go Key) It seems that I can't make my stick bootable. Can someone help ?
    I had the same issue, my 8 gigs stick is now being indicated like a 2 gigs one.

Hey All just wanted to get some insight with a problem getting Kali Linux to boot up in persistent mode. I've gone through the direct website of Kali to setup a live USB using a SanDisk CZ48 32gb 3.0usb and the ISO seems to get on and I know that the persistent folder is made but when I boot into the persistent option from the boot menu screen I get a Kernel panic error ---[ end Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init! exit code=0x000000200 ] --- My computer then freezes and I have to power it off, after doing this the first couple of times it would boot in and I could work in the persistent mode but then it just stopped working and I would only get the kernel panic error. Don't have a different computer to check but my specs:
    Lenovo Yoga 700 14ISK, CPU Intel® Core™ i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz × 4, Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 520 (Skylake GT2), OS-Type Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS 64-bit, SSD 43.5gb(partition of my ubuntu) also have windows 10 partitioned as main part of :C drive.

I hope I posted enough info basically just keep getting Kernel panic error when booting into persistent version of Kali Linux and can't figure out if my laptop is not compatible or I just have some setting wrong.

Thanks

Greetings! I made a bootable USB of 8GiB via a Blackarch and Xferience script using dd to create it, but once I installed the ISO image, which is the newest 17.1 x64 Mate, I see Kali listed on the screen with the rest of the three other partitions! I then click on Kali, but contrary to version 16.1 Rolling I get a shell screen which demands a login and password and also expecting commands instead of the GUI starting screen with all the programs and the Mate desktop environment! How do I get past this issue?
    Respectfully,
    johann6956

USB install with file system encrypted

Hi,
    If I use this procedure (USB Live) to create an USB install is the file system on the USB pen encrypted?
    If not, is there a way to have a bootable USB pen drive with Kali Linux?
    Thank you

cld

I think the setup should have a disk space check code as I didn't realize that it requires 20gb free space and I tried to install it in 10gb drive so it should say that this much space is not enough.

So just to warn users, something like this should be there.