Now before you recommend compact Wireless I have to point out that I had wlan0 working perfectly AND for some reason It has all gone Pete Tong?!

The other day I was playing around with MITM attacks and was enabling wlan0mon to look for signals.

When I finished this I could see that the card was in wlan0mon and was having issues restarting the card back to wlan0

cant remember what exactly I ran but it was something along the lines of the following.

sudo airmon-ng

sudo airmon-ng check (to see what services to kill)

sudo airmon-ng check kill

sudo airmon-ng start wlan0

sudo airmon-ng stop wlan0mon

sudo systemctl start NetworkManager

Now this is 110% something I have done wrong for this to happen and I acknowledge this. BUt its very VERY frustrating.

I now have no wireless interface and when I type in lwconfig I get the following:

lo no wireless extensions.

eth0 no wireless extensions.

and when I try to connect the USB wireless card manually via VMbox I am met with the following:

Failed to attached the USB device to the virtual machine kali. USB device is busy with a previous request please try again later.

Result Code: NS_ERROR_INVALID_ARG (0x80070057)

I have just asked my system to sudo apt update && upgrade to see if this helps the issue and it is in the process of doing this.

PLEASE HELP!! Any advice on the matter would be appreciated as I have no idea what to do next.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.