Thread: Cannot install kali via netinst iso

Cannot install kali via netinst iso

I've downloaded kali-linux-2021.2-installer-netinst-amd64 about 10 days ago and tried to boot the iso directly from grub. The boot was successful and the isnstaller started but there is only an option to scan for installation media which fails and there is no option to configure network and/or input an url to a repo.
    I tried again today, using ventoy this time and boot from a usb flash drive. Again I had the same problem. I tried with graphical installer, installer, expert graphical installer and graphical installer.
    Any help?

I'm a little disappointed that after a week there is no answer in the official support forums. I managed to bypass the problem though with the help of this thread:
    https://superuser.com/questions/9629...d-cd-rom-drive
    using the command:
    # mount -t iso9660 /dev/sdb1 /cdrom
    But then I also have problem in mirror selection which had only entries for debian mirrors and failed.
    I searched about kali mirrors and and I manually input an http mirror:
    mirrors.dotsrc.org/kali
    After that the base install completed but I couldn't select and add any other packages. The installer options didn't do anything
    and just returned to main install options list.
    I completed the other installation steps though and now I can boot to kali basic installation but I cannot installed anything because
    in sources.list there is only the cdrom entry:
    deb cdrom:[Kali GNU/Linux 2021.3rc2 _Kali-last-snapshot_ - Official amd64 NETINST with firmware 20210906-09:26]/ kali-rolling main
    So, what need to put there to be able to complete the installation(install x, graphical environment etc)?