Thread: OVA Files Not Working

Angry OVA Files Not Working

Hello,

I am having an annoying issue with my OVA files not opening when I double-click them. Last night I downloaded two OVA files to do some simple ethical hacking testing. I downloaded Kali Linux and then Mr.Robot from Vulnhub. It was working last night and had no issues at all. Well this morning, after having a different issue not resolved, I figured I would uninstall Oracle Virtualbox. After uninstalling, I reset my computer, then had a fresh new VM and downloaded the duplicate files. When I downloaded Mr.Robot again, it wasn't the orange square icon in my downloads, knowing that the OVA file was ready to be used. It went to torrent instead, and when I tried to open that file, I got an "unknown error." I notice the orange square icon of the OVA not being located either, and instead, it's a torrent file.

So I went ahead and tested this on my laptop, and everything downloaded the correct way with no issues at all; this is beyond frustrating. I would love a solution to fix this, I would like to set this up on my desktop instead.

Thanks

P.S:
    PNG 3 is from my laptop I know it's working that way. I wonder if I need to convert my files on my desktop somehow?
    Attached Images Attached Images