Hi,

I'm very new to this, so please don't assume any advice you give me is too basic.

I have downloaded a kali image and put it on an SD card to use with my Raspberry Pi 2. The screen I'm using is my LG smart TV via an HDMI cable.

The Kali OS boots up, and all is amazing. I can view the Kali Desktop by navigating to HDMI2 of the telly. I also test that I can ssh from my laptop, which is sitting a few metres away. All is apparently good.

However, I turn the TV off to leave the house, and when I come back later, and navigate on the TV to HDMI2, it says "no signal". It offers to open ports, but even when I click 'yes', it still doesn't display the Kali Desktop. It wouldn't surprise me if something had hybernated, but I need to know how to 'wake it up' again without pulling the cable. I can't be physically plugging and unplugging a cable each time I want to use it.

By the way, I downloaded a few other OS's and they don't 'hybernate' (so I think this issue is specific to Kali). I can turn off the TV and leave for hours, that when I come back I will find the OS as I left it.

Any tips on how to get around this? I even considered an orderly shutdown of the Kali OS so I simply boot it up when I come back, but I'm not happy about having to plug and unplug so often.

Can anyone please advice? I'm gradually getting around to reading the posts on this forum, but a lot of it seems to be too advanced for the stage I'm stuck at.

Thanks in advance.

Teresa.