First post for me here and also relatively new with Linux.

I am trying to verify my downloaded image to compare hashes using certutil but it is telling me to do this to an ISO file. I've only got an OVA file.

I downloaded kali-linux-2021.4a-virtualbox-amd64.ova

I am running windows 10.

I got confused with this part, so if I have certutil do I still need GPG4Win?
"What do I need to do this?

If you?re running on Linux, you probably already have GPG (GNU Privacy Guard) installed. If you?re on Windows or macOS, you?ll need to install the appropriate version for your platform.

• If you?re on a PC running Windows, download and install GPG4Win from here. Certain versions of Windows do not have the native ability to calculate SHA256 checksums. To check this, you can open the command prompt and run certutil -?. If you do have this installed, you can run certutil -hashfile kali-linux-2021.4-live-amd64.iso sha256 to verify your download. If you do not have certutil installed, you will also need a utility such as Microsoft File Checksum Integrity Verifier or Hashtab to verify your download.
  • If you?re on a Macintosh running macOS, download and install GPGTools from here. Alternatively, if you have Homebrew installed, just run brew install gnupg

"