Thread: Is Kali safe in a VM if Windows is the main OS?

Is Kali safe in a VM if Windows is the main OS?

Hi

First off, sorry if this has been posted in the wrong section.

Just a question!

Given the telemetry and data collection in MS Windows, is it safe to go on using it as
    a main OS?

For example, if I use Kali in a VM, and have taken all precautions to lock down privacy in Windows even with the use of third party apps, does windows still collect all the data in a VM Kali, and send it back to MS?

I suppose uninstalling Windows Defender and its in built Fire Wall is a first step, but a cursory read of Wireshark when usin a VM Kali has prompted me to ask you guys this questions and thank you in advance for any answers or suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Wilard View Post
    Hi

First off, sorry if this has been posted in the wrong section.

Just a question!

Given the telemetry and data collection in MS Windows, is it safe to go on using it as
    a main OS?
    array of objects in c++
    For example, if I use Kali in a VM, and have taken all precautions to lock down privacy in Windows even with the use of third party apps, does windows still collect all the data in a VM Kali, and send it back to MS?

I suppose uninstalling Windows Defender and its in built Fire Wall is a first step, Minecraft Servers but a cursory read of Wireshark when usin a VM Kali has prompted me to ask you guys this questions and thank you in advance for any answers or suggestions.

Thanks in advance.
    yes, i think so about this https://mayflowerva.com
    Last edited by miafrance; 2023-11-08 at 17:55.