Thread: How to see devices looking for Wifi

How to see devices looking for Wifi

Hey guys,

Im working on a work project and one of the requirements is to look for peoples' personal devices using a raspberry pi (i am runnig 32bit kali on a pi 400). I tried looking for bluetooth devices, but it seems that the devices need to be in discovery mode for me to be able to find them; so i am trying to switch to see peoples devices who are looking for wifi. I have no problem finding wifi networks, but the main purpose is to see how many people are within a radius by 'seeing' their devices either looking for ble/wifi connection. i will run this device in a very remote location so there will be no problem of interference or wifi networks. thank you guys for your help in advance.

I apologize for my ignorance, i am an electrical engineer, but my experience with this type of thing is very limited. Thanks again guys!

Respectfully,
    Josifter

2. If you go into your router, you can see a list of devices that are linked to it. Sometimes the name of the device is shown, but most of the time it is not. Each computer has a unique number called a MAC address. There is a serial number for the Ethernet interface called the MAC, which stands for "MAC Address." One for the Ethernet port, one for the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz WiFi, and one for each. If you want the MACs on a computer or a phone, it's not too hard to get them. If you want to get the MAC address of a WiFi smart switch or a security camera, it can be hard.