Thread: Discover - Unable to load applications

Discover - Unable to load applications

I seem to have joined the ranks of the users that have this problem and cannot seem to find a solution. I assume it still works since it is included in the latest releases, but I cannot seem to find a solution to get it working on this forum or by doing a web search. I am a long time user of linux mostly gnome/kde for UIs and Fedora, Redhat and CentOS. Some experience with Ubuntu. Trying to get a start at using Kali.

I don't seem to have any problems with Internet access of any type. I am using a static IPv4 address and having no problems with web page access. I have used settings to enable both Rolling repositories. I am logged in as an administrator.

I have apper installed which will find all sorts of apps but I have not sorted out why I cannot get permission to install any of them from apper itself. Apt and apt-get work fine from the command line.

Is anyone used discover to install applications and if so how did you get it to work?

Thanks

If your using apt and apt-get why not use sudo apt and sudo apt-get and then it will get permissions... basic nix craft